A member of the Institute of Directors of Southern Africa who is also a Certified Director, Kaizer Nyatsumba is the Chairman of KMN Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd and Managing Director of KMN Consulting. A seasoned businessman, Kaizer has been South Africa’s premier political analyst for over a decade, a journalist and editor on a number of newspapers in South Africa and in England (he was Political Editor and Executive Editor of The Star in Johannesburg, Deputy Editor of The Mercury in Durban, founding Editor of The Independent on Saturday in Durban, Editor of Daily News in Durban and Associate Editor of The Independent in London).
He has worked for:
- Mining giant Anglo American as Vice-President: Corporate Affairs and as Head: Corporate Marketing, and was responsible for Anglo American’s sponsorship of South Africa’s Bid for the 2010 FIFA World Cup;
- The Coca-Cola Company as Public Affairs and Communications Director for Coca-Cola South Africa, with his responsibilities including heading the company’s Incident Management and Crisis Resolution team;
- Petrochemical giant Sasol as Group General Manager: Corporate Marketing (Brand), Corporate Affairs and BEE;
- PetroSA, South Africa’s National Oil Company, as Vice President: Corporate Affairs and Shared Services, a Division which he launched.
Kaizer is a graduate of the prestigious Georgetown University, a private institution which is the USA’s oldest Catholic university, where he obtained a BA Honours degree in English literature, with a minor in Philosophy. He also holds:
- A Diploma in Journalism from the Newspaper Institute of America;
- An MBA from the University of Hull in the UK (his dissertation was on “South Africa as an international brand: An assessment of how it can be marketed more effectively”);
- A Post-Graduate Certificate in Economics from the University of the Witwatersrand;
- An Advanced Management Programme Diploma from the University of Pretoria’s Gordon’s Institute of Business Science (GIBS);
- A Leadership Development Diploma from Harvard University in the US;
- And an Accelerated Directorship Programme (ADP) Diploma from the Institute of Directors in Southern Africa.
Kaizer has served on the Boards of the 2010 (World Cup) Bid Company, the Anglo American Chairman’s Fund, the Anglo American Medical Aid Scheme, Business Against Crime, National Business Initiative (NBI), Tourism Business Council of South Africa and on the Council of the University of Zululand.
He was born in White River, Mpumalanga, matriculated at Dlangezwa High School outside Empangeni, KwaZulu-Natal and has lived in Mpumalanga, KwaZulu-Natal, Gauteng, Washington DC in the USA and London in the UK. He has written six books, including ALL SIDES OF THE STORY: A Grandstand View of South Africa’s Political Transition, and has contributed short stories, poems and articles to other books.
Gugu Nyatsumba holds a BA degree in Communications from the University of South Africa, a Diploma in Public Relations from the London Institute of Public Relations, a Diploma in Marketing from IMM and a National Diploma in Office Administration from the Tshwane University of Technology (formerly Technikon Northern Transvaal).
She has worked for Wesbank in Johannesburg, the English Language Education Trust (ELET) in Durban and for the Presidential National Commission in the Department of Communications, where she was an Assistant Director.
Gugu matriculated at Buhlebuyeza High School in Greytown, KwaZulu-Natal and has lived in KwaZulu-Natal, Gauteng and London, UK.